Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Spicy Sesame Bok Choy Stir Fry


I went to the farmers market in Sacramento on Sunday with my dad for Father's Day.  I got a bunch of yummy food!  Including some baby bok choy!  I bought some frozen veggies for stir fry from Sam's the mixture comes with this sesame sauce that you can add.  I typically make my own sauce but I was wanting something different and thought I'd use it for a bok choy stir fry.  It turned out great! 

My dad just pulled some sweet white onions from his garden so I chopped two of those (they are pretty small).  Melted some butter in my wok with some garlic powder (I was out of fresh) and crushed red peppers.  Add the onions and sauted in the wok.  I washed the bok choy, and seperated each stalk from the middle.  I didn't both chopping them up, they look prettier to keep them whole.  Once the onions cooked down I added the bok choy with a little bit of water.  I let that cook maybe a minute before adding the sauce packet.  Meanwhile I cooked some thin spaghetti noodles in my pasta boat. Once the bok choy cooked down, but still with a bite, try not to over cook and the sauce coated the veggies I added the cooked spaghetti.  I tossed everything and served!  You can add soy sauce if desired. 

I also got some good beets, cabbage and rosemary bread at the farmers market!  I figured I'd get the fixings to make a good salad with beets and my dad's onions.  I have a recipe to use the beet greens as well.  They supposedly taste a little bitter like arugula or kalamata olives.  I'm excited to try them.  I'm sure Rich will love it. 



I'm even more excited about the fresh herbs I got!!  My dad potted them for me, and hopefully soon they will grow plentiful and I will have my own cilantro and thai basil to use to my cooking hearts desire!  YAY!  Hopefully this sun and heat doesn't kill them! 

Stay cool everyone...

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

0 comments:

Post a Comment