Friday, June 24, 2011

My first salad post!

I know most people think vegans and vegetarians live on salads...well not so much.  I honestly can't remember the last time I had a salad before last night.  I'm not a big salad eater, not that I don't enjoy them.  I just don't think they are as healthy as everyone thinks.  Really once you add the dressing you've kind of ruined all it had going for you.  I mean yes, I'm sure they are better than a huge burger but not the best.  Also depending on the lettuce you use it's mostly just water without much nutrition to it.

With that said I FINALLY went grocery shopping yesterday and once I got home and unloaded everything I wanted something quick so I made a salad!  Super easy, and this one was SUPER yummy!!!  I didn't take a picture but it entailed lettuce, chopped fresh onions from my dad's garden, capers, croutons, (I would have added pepperoncinis if I remembered to get them), champagne dressing and pepper.  Perfect!  Husband also likes a good salad but he douses his in ranch...even worst!  =) 

Since I didn't take any photos of my food I thought I'd share a photo of my new tattoo!  I got it done while in New Orleans and the same shop I got my other tattoo done 4 years ago.  Luckily the artist that did my tattoo had left the shop but JUST moved back!  What luck!  I don't know if I've shared the story about my other tattoo but my sister and cousin all got the same one on our wrist each with a different word.  Mine says love, my sister's faith and my cousin strength.  So we all three got new tattoos...just of different things this time around. 


I got a bird on a branch holding a dandelion, with the dandelion fluffs being blown off and floating.  I ♥ it!  Mad props to my tattoo artist for his mad skills!  He's amazing.  This thing hurt like no ones business but he was great through all of it.  Letting me curse and scream while I sat completely still for an hour an a half!  No tears though!!! =) 

It's a tattoo about myself, about my life, where I've gone, come from and where I'm going.  A reminder to keep my head in the clouds, and let life under my wings and take me where the wind blows.  I can be a pretty high strung person always worrying and I think I've started calming down (I'm sure my husband would beg to differ, but whose asking his opinion) and this is just a reminder to stay that way.  I also LOVE the dandelion.  When I was a kid I was constantly making wishes.  I'm so grateful to all of the wonderful things I have in my life.  So many of my dreams have come true.  This is a tribute to that, and hopefully more wishes and dreams to come true in the future. 


I think I've posted this before but here's my other tattoo.  This one is for my family and my city.  I love you all and miss you more than you know.  It really needs no description. 

What kind of tattoos do y'all have?  I'd love to hear about them!

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

1 comments:

i love this britt britt!! by the way, what's champagne dressing??? healthy option??
 

Post a Comment