Monday, July 18, 2011

White Bean Quesadilla


This post is dedicated to my co-worker/supervisor/queen.  She was telling me today that she has been giving out my link to her friends who were interested in vegetarian/vegan recipes.  She's so sweet for thinking of me and I haven't even been updating the blog.  Because it's summer I've been taking it easy on the cooking.  My apartment gets pretty warm in the summer and if I turn on the stove or oven it's like a sauna.  So even though I've been taking it easy here are a few summer recipes. 

I actually made these a few weeks back on the Fourth of July.  I was looking for something easy.  I had all of the ingredients ready and I had just made fresh salsa.  I found the recipe on vegweb.com.  Follow this link to the recipe.  I followed the recipe exactly except I left out liquid smoke because I was out.  My omnivore sister even loved them. 



There is nothing better than a farm fresh meal!  This weekend my parents and I went to Clarksburg.  They have a farm right off of the river you can stop at and buy fresh veggies.  We got corn for 6 ears/$1, squash, zucchini and tomatoes!  The corn I cooked, melted some vegan butter, salt and sriracha.  Tapatio is great on corn too.  I also made my zucchini "pasta" dish that I've posted about before with some asparagus, and then fresh salsa with the tomatoes.  Nothing too fancy but super delicious. 

I hope to have some new recipes up soon!  Stay tuned!

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

0 comments:

Post a Comment