Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gratitude Shout Out : Agave+Cinnamon Toast

I want to make a shout out to my boss George!  One of my co-workers is retiring tomorrow so we had a big retirement party for her today at lunch.  No one in my office is vegetarian/vegan and I don't expect them to cater to me.  I feel being vegan is my choice not the rest of the worlds.  It's not fair for me to make others go out of their way to cater to me.  I am completely happy with eating a salad and green beans, or whatever "sides" a party has.  Plus  I ♥ green beans and can easily make a whole meal out of that alone!  I don't feel like I'm missing anything.  So with that said George surprised me and as I sat down to eat he had the country club cater a special vegan plate just for me!!  I completely wasn't expecting that.  It totally put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.  So thank you George for thinking of me.  It meant a lot that you went through the trouble for a little ole "venagan" like me!  You're the best!  =)

The food was super yummy and I'm bummed I didn't think to take a picture of my plate.  I'm not sure exactly what everything was but it all tasted GREAT.  There was some rice with carmelized onions, what I think was some sauted bok choy, spinach, grilled zuccini, and some other leafy green that was sooo good.  I wish I would have asked what it was because it was so yummy.  Plus I topped my plate with plenty of green beans, roasted red potatoes and salad to top.  I had a whole feast!  Pretty amazing for a vegan! 



Since I haven't cooked anything new, just leftovers, I wanted to have at least one photo to post I figured I'd share the dessert I had for dinner.  It's a classic, but still worth mentioning.  I toasted a piece of sprouted wheat bread (Alvarado St. Bakery is my favorite).  Drizzled some agave nectar on the top and sprinkled with cinnamon.  Can't go wrong.  Sometimes it's the simple things that make me happy.  Kind of like a simple gesture from a boss, the sun being out, Bella greeting me at the door, my Husband sending me I love you texts or simple cinnamon and agave toast!  I'm convinced it's things like that, that make the world go round.  =) 

So don't forget to spread the gratitude, because it will only create more happiness in this crazy world we live in.  ♥ ♥  and as always....

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

1 comments:

shabby blogs.com
 

Post a Comment