Thursday, March 3, 2011

Comfort Food: Grilled Cheese

As I'm sure you could all tell last night was a little rough.  I felt like this would never end..which I knew rationally wasn't true...but it kind of made it worst because I was mad at myself for getting upset in the first place.  I wasn't going to cook at all because I was feeling sorry for myself but ended up getting hungry enough and being too lazy to go out and get something I decided to throw something together.  I knew I wanted more green beans like I made the night before and I needed something quick to go with them.  I thought about rice but that takes too long.  I had some nice whole grain bread in the cuboard with some nice seeds and figured..what the hey...why not some grilled cheese...Brittany style!!  Before being vegan...especially after becoming vegetarian I lived on grilled cheese.  Now that Daiya has found it's way into my life I can enjoy that luxury.  I like to mix it up so I added some chopped red onions and roasted red peppers that I had in the fridge.  Buttered my bread and grilled it on the stove top.  Cooked a side of green beans like yesterday and voila a FAB meal for a not so fab day.  Honestly sometimes the simple meals are the best.  This really hit the spot and really made me a feel a little better. 





A grilled cheese isn't really a grilled cheese until you cut it in half, diagnoally.  When I was on my grilled cheese binge as a vegetarian I would make one for Hubby and myself and Rich wouldn't eat it unless I cut it diagnoally.  I mean who would blame him...much more cool this way.  =) 

On a positive note (I knew my next post would be more positive.  It usually happens that way, right after the melt down things get better.  Like God is saying...okay I guess you had enough) all the drying equipment is GONE!!!!!!  It is the best thing EVER.  I can actually hear things.  I can hear what is going on in the next room, bella running around, the food sizzling in the pan, the phone ring...it's amazing!!!  Downstairs at work even.  It was almost eerily quiet.  We all felt like we were yelling still. 

So the fix it guy is coming tomorrow to find us a new oven.  The landlord decided to just replace it since it's so old.  Yay for new ovens/stovetop!!  The hard part is finding one so small.  our oven is probably half the size of a normal oven that would go in an apartment even.  Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get one in.  My office is going to be bummed if I don't bring a king cake on Tuesday.  The carpet is going to take a little longer to come in, they are hoping to be here on the 18th.  No worries...at least it's coming!!  I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  We're on the home stretch, soon to have life back to normal.  I think I'll throw a party...hmm..on second thought maybe not.  I don't want anyone spilling anything on the new carpet!!  ;)  That's all for now...

Nevermind no it's not.  I almost forgot to mention, as I'm sure you noticed I have a new layout!!  It's probably going to change again.  I didn't want to spend anymore time on it tonight so I'm settling with this for now.  Hope you like it for now!! =)

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

0 comments:

Post a Comment