Monday, March 7, 2011

Garlic Lemon Pasta

So if you haven't heard I received a plethera of lemons from a friend (Thanks Ash!).   She posted a lemon pasta recipe she made and I was determined to make something similar without cheese.  I found this recipe online and it was JUST what I was looking for.  This turned out exactly how I wanted it to.  If you like lemon and garlic you will LOVE this.  Not only is it delicious it is SUPERRR easy!  This was soo good I've made it twice! 


I only made a few adjustments to the original but I don't think they made that big of an impact so if you followed the original I'm sure it would be just as tasty:

3/4 lb of pasta
1/3 Cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice (It's a little more than 1 lemon in my first try I used 2 lemons, and the second try about 1 1/2 lemons)
3-4 Cloves of garlic minced (The more the better)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 teaspoon of agave nectar
1/2 teaspoon mustard
About the size of the tip of your pinkey finger nail of horseradish, just enough to give it a kick
3 1/2 Tablespoons of olive oil
1/4 cup of freshly chopped parsley

Directions:
1.  Cook the pasta; Drain but do not rinse (reserve a little bit of the pasta water if you think you'll need it)
2.  Mix lemon juice, garlic, salt, agave nectar, mustard, horseradish and olive oil.
3.  Mix dressing with pasta and parsley
4.  The original said to reserve some pasta water and mix if the pasta was too dry but I didn't need this either time I made it
5.  Mix with more salt and pepper to taste (the original also says to mix with more olive oil if needed but again I felt the dressing was plenty)
6.  SIDE OF GREEN BEANS:
The pasta needed a veggie so I sauted some frozen green beans, with about a tablespoon of water.  Once heated I seasoned with salt and pepper and a little left over lemon juice.  Mix with the pasta and you have the perfect meal.



You can easily adapt this recipe to your liking.  Asparagus would be good with this too.  The first night I had this with a nice piece of bread and a glass of champagne.  Perfection!  I hope you all enjoy this one as much as I have!  I'm baking my king cake tonight for Mardi Gras tomorrow..wish me luck!  I'll be up late so hopefully I don't fall asleep tomorrow at work.  Even so it will be worth it.

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

2 comments:

Yum! ne thing with garlic
 
MMMM That looks sooo good! I think I'll actually make this sometime soon :D

Btw, how do you have so many spices?! That's the only thing with my cooking.. is that I hate buying the spices cuz they're so expensive :(
 

Post a Comment