Monday, February 28, 2011

Red Pepper Cream Pasta with Baked Sweet Potatoes


Tonights dinner was just okay.  A little underwhelming.  I think I may have hyped it up too much and now I'm disappointed.  You can find the recipe here.  I pretty much followed it to the T.  The only sub I made was using jarred roasted red peppers instead of fresh.  That cut down on a lot of time and work.  Which I'm glad I did since I wasn't that impressed.  I think I made a few mistakes with this one.  I ran out of my bow tie noodles so I used the rest of my vermicelli noodles.  Not a good choice of noodles when you need it to pick up the sauce.  I also think I might not have cooked enough noodles.  There was not only too much sauce but it was also too rich for me, I barely finished a 1/4 of my bowl and had enough.  It wasn't that it tasted bad just missing something that I couldn't put my finger on.  For seasoning I used salt/pepper, red pepper flakes and a little paprika. 




The sweet potatoes were great.  I wish I cubed them a little bigger and didn't bake as long because they were a little too soft and I was looking for something a litte tougher but they were still good.  I chopped them up, sprinkled cinnamon, sugar and chili powder drizzled with olive oil and baked in the oven.  I had this with a side of good bread.  So all in all the bread was good, potatoes were great, pasta..eh...probably won't make it again. 

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

1 comments:

It still looks tasty
 

Post a Comment