Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Homemade Salsa Using Canned Tomatoes

So I know this goes against my last post about trying to be better about buying the right ingredients for the right season but I already had the tomatoes and I had a craving for salsa.  Ripe tomatoes in season would have tasted better but this was pretty darn good for canned tomatoes.  You can find the recipe here.  I didn't have fresh parsley so I just tossed in some dry (didn't measure).  I also didn't have a lime so I just threw in some lemon juice (didn't measure either).  Lime would have been ideal.  I also was out of jalapenos which never happens but I did have some of the juice left so I just threw some of that in there to add some spice. 


Since just using this for tortilla chips seemed like a waste of energy, I decided to make a burrito.  I used some left over rice from yesterday, melted cheddar daiya, salsa and some tapatio.  Voila!   Dinner just like that.  =)


Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

0 comments:

Post a Comment