Friday, January 14, 2011

Tuscan Pizza!!

As I'm sure you can tell I've been trying to get Husband more involved in my cooking.  I want to make things he is going to enjoy.  So I gave him some options tonight and he choose pizza.  I NEVER complain about pizza.  Prior to being vegan pizza was one of my guilty pleasures that I usually couldn't pass up.  I wasn't sure what kind of pizza I was going to make so I just looked at what I had in the fridge and put this together on a whim.  I didn't plan this but the toppings are White, Green and Red the italian flag colors!  LOVE!  =)

Pita bread (one per pizza)
1/2 Gardein Tuscan Breasts in tomato basil sauce
Pizza sauce
Chopped onions
Chopped red peppers
Chopped jalapenos
Daiya cheese (I used cheddar because I had some left over and didn't want to open mozzarella, I would probably prefer the mozzarella)
Pizza seasoning (I have a spice rack that included this)
Red pepper flakes
Parma! Vegan parmesan cheese

I had some pita breads on hand and thought they would work as a good crust.  It gets nice a crisp which I like in a crust.   I picked up some gardein at the store, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it and it worked great in this.  I choose the tuscan breasts in a tomato basil sauce.  I cooked the gardein in the microwave as stated on the package.  Then I spread the tomato basil sauce on the pita.  I added a little pizza sauce because I thought it could use a little more.  Sprinkle cheese on pita.  Top with chopped onions, jalapenos and red peppers.  I chopped the gardein in really small bits and placed on top.  Then I sprinkled a little bit of pizza seasoning and red pepper flakes.  I baked in the oven for about 10 minutes or so.  When it came out of the oven I topped with Parma!  I really like the parma!  I'm going to be making some spaghetti and garlic bread soon and can't wait to have it on there either.  Sooo yummy!  Here are some more pictures!


Prior to baking


A close up!!


Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

0 comments:

Post a Comment