Monday, December 6, 2010

Pineapple Rice

Since I'm on a roll I figured I'd post about tonights dinner.  I ♥ pineapples so this recipe sounded delicious.  Plus Husband isn't a fan like I am and had already eaten.  I got the recipe Here.  I'm not sure exactly what I did wrong.  I followed the instructions (except left out the arugula because I didn't have any on hand, and I figured the rice would be enough).  The shallots were WAAYY too strong for my taste, I guess the rice wasn't enough?  I probably wouldn't make it again, but if I did I would cut back on the shallots for sure.  The picture looks nice though!  ***UPDATE*** I ate the leftovers for lunch today (I hate wasting food) and it wasn't bad.  I actually liked it a lot better today.  I ate it cold instead of hot and the shallots weren't as strong (not sure if time or them being cold helped with that).  I still picked through the shallots but with a little modification I think this recipe would be nice.  =)  I thought it was worth sharing. 


I did like the dressing though, I saved that and might use for a salad or dipping?  Plus I got a glass of pineapple juice that I stuck in the freezer for a nice treat out of it, so it wasn't a total waste. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment