Monday, December 6, 2010

Winter Is in the Air

Well I haven't done much blog worthy cooking the past few days but I did get my christmas tree up and the house decorated!!! Its funny how excited a simple tree and lights can make me!!  I was like a little kid waking up at 5am to open their presents on christmas day!!  This year was extra special because the first few years Husband and I were together we didn't get a tree because of circumstances so this was our first tree as a couple (enter AWWW here)!  Plus it's even more sentimental because my mom let us go through her old christmas boxes that were full of all the old ornaments we use to use as a kid (Old ornaments are way better than new ornaments!).  So the perfect hodge podge tree was born! 


Well I did cook one good meal, and when I say good I mean GOOOOODDDD!!!  Before bearing the ugly weather to pick up a tree, I cooked the most delicious breakfast I've had in years!!! FRENCH TOAST!!  I would even go as far as saying it was this meal that gave Husband and I the energy to drive to 4 (yes 4!) stores within 20 miles of my house to find a christmas tree stand in the pouring rain.  The lovely Bailey directed me HERE for the recipe.  I didn't have chickpea flour on hand so I just used regular unbleached flour and it turned out fine.  It was soo good..literally it tasted JUST like the "real' thing.  Husband devoured it!  I've made the executive decision to make it on Christmas morning for the family too!!  This recipe will definitely see many a days in my kitchen! 


On a side note, I've been makin' groceries and finally have a fully stocked kitchen for the next week of meals


On the menu for this week, Potato and corn chowder, Chili Rellenos (A little nervous about this one!) with a side of spanish rice, Italian Cassoulet (which I'll need mouths to feed since it makes a gallon and I'm too afraid to cut the recipe on the first try, so please volunteer yourself to come over and try it out!) with cornbread, pineapple rice, and twice baked fingerling potatos by the chef Tal Ronnen.   Excited for all the new adventures in the kitchen.  Wish me luck.  I'll be sure to keep you posted on my success (or lack there of).  Till next time...

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment