Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Chili Rellenos

Sooo tonight was the night to try Chili Rellenos.  I honestly have been putting it off.  As much as I wanted to try making these, I was a little wary of the directions.  It seemed like a lot of work and I wasn't even sure if they would taste good, but they turned out good.  I got the recipe Here.  Everything turned out fine up until dipping them in the batter.  I followed the instructions but the batter didn't "stick" to the chilie so when I put them on the baking tray to put in the oven the batter just dripped to the bottom.  I'm not really sure what I did wrong or even how to fix this from happening.  Any tips?



On a side note do you see my cute little winter owl salt and pepper shakers!!  Early xmas gift from my madre.  


Nonetheless they tasted good even without the batter.  I used Daiya cheddar cheese instead of "follow your heart" and black beans for the filling.  They must have been good Husband and I cleaned our plates.  =)

 
I think I'll try and make these again but do some research on ways to fix my batter problem.  Up next, Chili!!! I was going to make it tonight but realized the largest pot I have wasn't big enough so I'm borrowing one from my co-worker, in return I'll feed them (if it turns out good that is!).  Till next time! 

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

0 comments:

Post a Comment