Friday, August 5, 2011

The best vegan sandwich ever! THE BLT!


As you all know I still had some heirloom tomatoes left over after the pizza for the beginning of this week.  After finishing the left overs I knew I would want to make a BLT.  I always surprise myself when it comes to tomatoes.  I sometimes like them..sometimes I don't.  Just raw tomatoes aren't my favorite, and I typically don't like them on my burgers or sandwich's but then I like a good BLT.  I know I make no sense!  So even the folks that don't like tomatoes might like this sandwich. 



It's SOOOO easy to make and it is SOOO delicious!!!  Husband loved it!  I could eat them every day.  I took a slice of sourdough bread and toasted it.  Once toasted spread one side with vegan mayo, the other with vegan cream cheese.  I added a few drops of Louisiana hot sauce to both sides of the bread and topped with two slices of tomato.  Sprinkle the tomato with salt and pepper, then top with a slice of lettuce and two strips of vegan bacon (cooked over course!  They heat up super quick on the stove, just a few minutes on each side).  That is it!  It's amazing that something so simple could taste so superb!  =) 

We ate our sammies with a side of corn fresh from the farm.  We eat ours with butter, salt and tapatio hot sauce.  Perfection!  If you see in the second photo I posted a few slices of cucumber.  I've also had the same BLT but instead of lettuce I added some cucumber.  Both were tasty.  Husband wants to try the same sandwich with some pepperoncini's.  So you can easily adapt the recipe.  ENJOY! 

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment