Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spinach Pinwheels & Hot Air Balloons!


I went searching for some new recipes and found this on my VegWeb iPhone app from Veggegrrl.  It was just as good as I imagined it to be.  Husband couldn't get enough of them.  They barely made to our plates, we just started eating them fresh from the oven.  Dipped in ranch....BLISS!!  Perfect for a quick and easy dinner or for appetizers at a party. 


Before rolling


Before baking
 1 can vegan croissants (makes 8 croissants)
3 Tablespoons of vegenaise
3 Tablespoons of vegan cream cheese (I use tofutti)
2 T of salt free garlic and herb seasoning (I made my own, recipe to follow)
1 teaspoon of sea salt (I didnt' really measure and probably used a lot less than this called for)
2 strips of roasted red peppers, chopped finely and patted dry
24 leaves of baby spinach

1.  Preheat oven to 350*
2.  Mix vegenaise, cream cheese, garlic seasoning, salt and roasted red peppers in a bowl, and mix well.  Set aside
2.  Unroll the croissants and make 4 rectangles.  Seal the seams with your fingers.  I recommend doing this at the last minute so the dough doesn't get too soft.  When it gets too soft it makes it harder to roll and cut the dough without making a mess.
3.  Divide the spread amongst the 4 rectangles evenly.
4.  Top 6 spinach leaves on each rectangle, roll and cut into about 1inch pinwheels
5.  Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown. 

Now for the fun stuff....HOT AIR BALLOON PICS!!! =) 


Our Balloon

Waiting to load the basket






You can see our shadow.


He swooped down low, we were so close to the vineyard



One of my favs of the day





That is San Fran in the way back!




I hope you enjoyed the pics!!

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

1 comments:

OH those pinwheels look so good! I like how you make food look fun.
 

Post a Comment