Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vegan "tuna" Salad Sandwichs


Just a simple blog today.  I found this recipe on Happy Herbivore for a mock tuna salad and I couldn't help but share.  It seemed super easy, and I was intrigued.  Honestly I wasn't a big tuna fan before becoming a vegetarian but there are things I didn't really like as a meat eater that I like the "fake" versions as a vegan so I thought I'd give it a chance.  It was really good and extremely close to tasting like the real thing.  It was so close, it was almost wierd.  lol.  This is definitely a recipe I'm keeping and will probably make often when I need something quick and easy.  The only adjustment I made was leaving out the kelp, I wasn't sure how it would turn out without it, since it probably gives it that "sea" flavor, but I felt it was good even without it. I toasted a piece of sprouted wheat bread and topped it with the tuna salad.  Enjoy!!!

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

2 comments:

You know what I like is chicken salad sandwiches. I should look up a vegetarian versions so I can eat it more often.
 
Kayla--Now that you say that, since I didn't put the kelp in the recipe it probably tastes more like chicken salad then tuna salad...or mayabe a mix? You should try it..you might find what you're looking for. =) Since you're not vegan just sub parmesan cheese for the nutritional yeast.
 

Post a Comment