Saturday, February 26, 2011

My kitchen is missing me

No meals to post.  I've been out of the kitchen and eating out the past few nights (Thanks Steph for the Chipotle coupon!!).  I'm sure I could manage to cook something in my pathetic of a house but I just can't find the energy.  We now have 4 machines in the house to dry everything and they are so loud that I can't stand being in the room for more than an hour at a time.  I don't know if it's the noise or the recycled air being blown around, or both, but it makes me feel like i'm in an airplane.  I don't do well in airplanes, they always make me sick so needless to say it's not ideal for cooking.  Plus I need to get some groceries and I just don't think it's worth it if I can't put all my effort into the food.  Plus I don't want the food to go bad before I get a chance to cook it.  I'll just have a reunion once the apartment is back to normal and cook the most awesome meal EVER!!  Well that's what I'm telling myself at least.  I honestly hate eating out so much (who would have thought I would ever say that!).  It's not that I mind eating out, I enjoy the occasional treat from the local restaurant, but every night is lame.  I prefer my own home cooked meals.  I prefer spending my money that way.  At least I live in Davis with plenty of vegan options while eating out. 

It looks like we are being pushed back to put in new carpet.  The space between my floor and the ceiling with dry wall from down stairs isn't drying like it should.  They took down the false ceiling and insulation but are trying to salvage the piece of drywall so they don't have to take that down and replace it.  They came by today with more machines and techniques to get it to dry.  Cross your fingers.  In the meantime replacing the flooring and getting everything back to normal is put on hold.  It's just crazy that water...something we all can't live without....can do SOO much damage.  Such a shame.  =/  On a postitive note we got a new toilet!  Woot!  =)  The water doesn't run anymore which helps me sleep at night. 

Since I don't have any photos to look at I figured I'd post a video my boss put together the night of the incident.  I look absolutely horrified in the video...rightfully so.  They have a big sense of humor so this should make you laugh.  Just to clear my name it wasn't actually "poopie water" and the smell was just from the moisture soaking into the carpet/wood.  They just wanted to play it up and make fun.  Enjoy.  =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment