Monday, January 10, 2011

Tahini Sesame Noodles

I don't think the world wants me to go to the grocery store.  We were suppose to go Friday but Rich's work screwed up his schedule so he didn't get off work until late.  Then we were going to go Saturday but we ended up busy doing other things and by the time we could have gone it was already like 9 again and we were tired.  So then we were going to go Sunday but by the time Rich got off work I was already knee deep in a migraine and there was no way I was getting out of the hosue.  SOOOO our fridge is still empty.  Rich closes all week until Thursday so we are just going to suck it up and go tonight around 9 when he gets off hopefully nothing else comes up. 

For lunch I was lucky enough to make some sesame noodles and actually have all of the ingredients on hand.  It's really fast to make (I made it on my lunch break at work) and yummy.  I got the main idea for the recipe here but made some changes. 

2 Tablespoons of Tahini
1 Tablespoon of Agave nectar
2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/4 pound of spaghetti noodles
1 teaspoon of hot chili sesame oil
1 teaspoon of spicy garlic chili sauce
5-6 mini carrots chopped
3-4 stalks of celery chopped
1/2 medium size onion chopped
2 garlic cloves

1.  Cook the spaghetti (I use a pasta boat as seen on TV, they seriously are the best things ever!!  You put the pasta in the tub cover with water, stick in the microwave for like 15 minutes or so depending on how much pasta you are cooking and voila!  I found my pasta boat at the store Kohl's maybe? for really cheap!)
2.  The veggies above were used because they were the only things I had on hand.  Cabbage, water chestnuts, bok choy, etc. would be great in this.  I sauted the veggies on the stove until slightly cooked.  I like my veggies to still have a little crunch so it didn't take long. 
3.  Microwave tahini for about 15 seconds. 
4.  Wisk in agave, soy sauce, ginger, sesami oil, and chili sauce. 
5.  Pour sauce over noodles and veggies. 

You can serve it warm or cold.  I had it both ways and they were both good.  Quick tip, when serving your dish be sure to mix up the veggies and sauce, they tend to settle at the bottom of the bowl.  I promise I will be back in the kitchen soon. 

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

0 comments:

Post a Comment