Sunday, December 12, 2010

Carrot Cake Pancakes

I had the pleasure of having a sleep over with my nieces and nephew Friday night.  I figured I'd try one of my new breakfast recipes on them (I knew they would be honest with me).  We had a lot of fun making them together and the kids gobbled them up.  Emilio even said "These are soooo good and sweet!! How did you make them??"  If you don't know already Emilio is one of the pickiest eaters I know, so that is a true compliment coming from him.  I found the recipe Here (same place I found the French Toast recipe from a previous blog, if you haven't read it you must because they were to DIE for!).  I did make a few adjustments out of necessity.  I didn't use the grated carrots for a few reasons.  One comment on the recipe was that her pancakes wouldn't set and were just a gooey mess.  The recipe clearly states that you have to grate the carrots not shred them.  So I'm thinking she did them wrong so there was too much moisture.  I don't have a grater (I know how can I call myself a cook without a grater??) and was afraid to mess up the recipe so I figured I'd omit them for now.  I also didn't have ground ginger or allspice on hand so I just ommited those (but still used the cinnamon and nutmeg as called for in the recipe, I didn't increase the amount).  They still came out great.  Next time I'll follow the recipe and see how they come out.   Here are a few pictures (Sorry they aren't the best pictures, the kids ate them while I was cooking, and kept me pre occupied to stage a nice picture). 

Cooking and almost ready to flip **TIP:  I don't know if this is common knowledge so forgive my ignorance, but if you don't know it then it can be helpful.  When you see small bubbles on the top of the pancake that pop you know it is almost time to flip the pancake (as seen below!).  =)


Another tip, if they look like this then you will most likely need to flip them again and cook for a little longer.  The middle wasn't completely done unless they looked a little darker


The finished product!  Serve with pure maple syrup!  YUUMMM


Proof that they were Delish!  Even Bella was trying to sneak bites (okay so that's not really proof that they were good, Bella does eat rocks.  She's worth mentioning just for her cuteness!)  BTW sooo much more fun eating on the floor then on the kitchen table.  =)


I hope you try and enjoy this recipe!  Like previously stated I've nominated myself as breakfast chef for christmas morning and these just got voted for the menu.  =) 

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

0 comments:

Post a Comment