Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Left Over Phenomenon

I cannot tell a lie...I have been completely absent in the kitchen since Easter.  I don't think I've cooked much but green beans on the stove, and the microwave to heat up left overs.  My fridge was full of good food to eat, and I've been totally satisfied with just that.  Plus I've been keeping busy.  Not that I don't love to cook, but it's been nice to take a break and just have food ready in the fridge to heat up.  I'm planning on making enchiladas for cinco de mayo, maybe some good guac and margaritas!!  So stay tuned for that.  My mom also gave me a pre-made pizza crust so I'll probably whip up a pizza in the next few days.  So don't worry I'll be back soon. 

One thing I did want to mention was that the etouffee was sooo delicious the next day...who am I kidding the whole next week!  I just finished the last of it today and it was soo yummy.  As any roux based meals it always tastes better the next day after the flavors have time to meld together.  So if you decide to make the etouffee make sure you have left overs to try the next day.  You won't be sorry! 

Sorry such a short post with no pics!  Till next time!

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment